samedi 24 octobre 2009

Feeling lucky.


I am trying to catch back my breath and assimilate one of the greatest and most intense experiences I've ever had. I just went through a night of crazy, hardcore partying, dancing, drinking and deep, intense positive feelings.

It all began when my girlfriend called to dump me. I was devastated, I called pretty much everybody I know to hang out or something, but I didn't hear of anyone. More devastated, I started the drinking binge on a really motivated note. Once I was seriously drunk, I tried to callback everybody again and left voice messages to a few people. I get to drink more and decided to go to a rave.

Here I go, pink fluffies, silver leggings, short black skirt, long pink and red tank top, red shirt, huge red ponytail bow and my yellow smiley backpack. At the second I walked into the venue I stumbled upon my friend Helene, whom I didn't see for more than a year. We started talking and got to smoke a joint, then I came across Rod, who told me he had E and acid for sale. Candyflipping sounded like a good idea, so I bought one of each, then took them promptly. I was in the party for only 30 minutes and was already heavily intoxicated.

We decided to go on the dancefloor and kick it in, then chill on the couches and smoke weed, then more dancing and so on. Until I started not to feel too good. The E and acid were starting to take full effect and I had a sudden nausea. I grabbed Helene by the arm and told her I had to go to the bathroom cause I wasn't feeling well. There was a huge line-up and people were taking forever to have a pee and fill their water bottles, so we had to go somewhere else. We wandered in the venue, first Helene's idea was to go out, but while walking the nausea became too intense and I knew I couldn't make it.

I had to throw up.

Now.

I had no better option, so I threw up on a pile of garbage bags. How trash. I calmed down, had some water and took deep breaths of fresh air, then felt way better.

And then, boy I was high!

It was one of those purges psychedelics can cause at the beginning of the trip, to get bad things out of your body. I compare that to an initiation phase, a test you have to pass before having access to the beauty and medicine the substance has to offer. The same thing happened to me first time I had HBWR, San Pedro cacti and kratom, but it was the first time I had a purge on acid. It was short, but hella intense, and then I was done. The rest of the night, I felt terrific. I danced my ass off to the awesome dubstep, hardtek and hardcore the DJ's were playing, I met really cool new people and catched back with the friends I see less often, cracked jokes all around, smoked some more and rested when needed.

At the end of the party another friend, Jonathan, offered me a lift to go chill at his place after the party. His offer was much appreciated because I was beaten up at that point, he just moved to his new place, which is a few cross-streets from my place. Plus, my roommate is a straight-edge. Having another place to sober down and rest a bit before going back home is always sweet in that case. He lives in a small but cozy 2-rooms apartment facing south with a lot of large windows. In one of the rooms, he made a psychedelic chill room, with nothing else than persian rugs, huge beanbags, cushions, mirrors, candleholders and decoration. My friend decided to burn some sage, we smoked a joint and chilled a moment before taking a much-needed nap.

Until then, my trip was fantastic. Then I went back home and looked at my MSN, that stayed open the whole time I was out. I had the surprise to see I had tons of messages from friends about the voicemails I left them, some of them really worried about me. Hopefully there wasn't any drama so it was easy to fix up. I was touched to see so many people were truly loving and caring for me, I feel blessed to have such good friends.

I am lucky.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire