jeudi 19 mai 2011

LSD trip report and healing session: The Pit of Darkness

Date: March 24, 2008

Place: Montreal, Canada

Setting: at my friend's loft downtown, huge space decorated with 12 feet tall portraits of hindu gods on the walls, dreamcatchers, party lights, lanterns and whatnot hanged from the ceiling and a lot of cushions and beanbags all over the place.


Alex, a close shaman friend of mine, performed this healing on me to cure the terrible addiction to opiates I was stuck with at the time. Both me and him had a few tabs (well, he just took one, while I was given 3) and they were pretty potent. As soon as the acid was kicking in, my friend lead me to a mattress placed directly on the floor and asked me to lie down, which I gladly did. I spent most of the night lying on my back on this mattress, with Alex being busy around me, placing rocks on my chakras, saying prayers, spells and petting my forehead and hair while reading extracts from the Satanic Bible, the Malleus Maleficarum and De Guaita's Snake of Genesis (not sure which tome though). Words were echoing in my head, smashing and crushing my soul, mind and body, it was so powerful. The feelings of pressure and suffocation were almost unbearable at that point, but I surrendered to it and I felt swallowed by a pit of darkness. Black and white fractals were dancing behind my closed eyelids, I looked at them for a moment then I heard a scream and saw fireworks bursting, golden white and red.

Alex then decided to lie down beside me as he was getting really far down the rabbit hole too and decided to put some music on. Nine Inch Nails Downward Spiral went on and we proceeded to listen to it, in absolute silence and stillness. Well, at least, I was still and silent until the song Eraser came on. As it played I instinctively started doing the "Ohm" mantra but when the energy built up I started to sing, then singing turned to screams and laughter. I was rolling over myself all over the place, screaming "kill me" (those were the lyrics of the song and not a real desire to terminate my life) and laughing on top of my lungs, while my friend was looking at me with the biggest grin ever on his face. I came back on the mattress and we hugged for a long time before falling asleep, as the effects were wearing off and we were both exhausted.

After that night, my psychological addiction to opiates and most of my inhibitions and unhealthy tendencies were gone. Soon after, I did a cure in a centre for a month or so during the withdrawal period and I was done with it, forever. I know that story sounds surprising and maybe even crazy, but everything I told you is true. I'm really glad I've been through that, it's the best thing that ever happened to me.

Thank you Alex. Thank you Lucy.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire